When developing an environmental management system to ISO 14001 the first thing you should do is an initial environmental review. In this post I will attempt to give you an understanding of the purpose of an initial environmental review and how you might complete one.
The initial environmental review is not a mandatory […]
I just wanted to share a bit of information on writing environmental policy statements with ISO 14001 particularly in mind. The word ‘good’ in the title of this post is important as you can write a policy statement that will pass a 14001 external audit, but is not as effective as it could be.
Environmental management systems offer a framework for managing significant environmental aspects and impacts. Before we get started I have prepared a short you tube presentation on environmental management systems which you can see below.
A good place to start would be what management systems actually are.
An effective management system is built on Total Quality Management concepts. In order to […]
- The Environment has an Economic Value!
- Top Five Tips to Simplify your ISO14001 EMS
- Environmental Key Performance Indicators
- Where to Start When Implementing ISO 14001
- How to Write a ‘Good’ Environmental Policy Statement
- Is the Environment a Burden for Business
- Environmental Objectives, Targets and Management Programmes for ISO 14001